Visiting Liverpool was a pretty fascinating experience. The city holds so much history, especially in relation to the emigration of millions of people. It was pretty incredible to see the spot where the first missionaries arrived in England and where thousands of Saints left to gather in Zion. I loved that we sang "Come, Come, Ye Saints" at the docks where these Saints showed their faith and obedience by leaving their homeland and traveling to a new country.
This picture was taken from the backyard of Dove Cottage, the home of William Wordsworth. He spent his most creative years living in the Lake District.
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - William Wordsworth
I took this picture on our morning hike in Windermere. Unfortunately, a few other girls and I got separated from the main group. We didn't make it to the view of the lake but we still enjoyed a beautiful walk through the country and the little town in the area.
I took this picture through the bus window sometime during the week, which is why the bottom portion of the picture is blurry. I actually like the effect that the blurriness gives to the picture. It somehow connects with the black tumultuous clouds in the sky.
Fountains Abbey may be one of my favorite things that we've done since arriving in London. I was in awe of the majestic ruins in the picturesque landscape. As I explored the ruins I tried to imagine the lives of the monks who lived and worshiped there. I loved the man-made and natural beauty found at this site.

No comments:
Post a Comment